Our Home Diversification Agreement enables homeowners to proactively protect the value and equity they intend to build over time within their most important asset – their home. The HDA contract they take out on their home (at purchase or thereafter) provides them with a previously unavailable type of protection against events and circumstances they can’t predict and that are often beyond their control.
Those things can severely impact the value of their home, financial well-being and future prospects, as evidenced in the 2008 economic meltdown and ensuing real-estate market crash that lasted well into 2012. Indeed, many Americans continue to rebuild their lives and financial well-being in the wake of that dark period.
And, despite the recovery that has home prices near all-time highs, storm clouds are once again forming on the horizon…
The HDA agreement is a first-of-its-kind product designed to protect the value of your home – the precious equity you seek to rely on for future dreams, such as college education for children, weddings, funding a business, travel, retirement, and more.
Key Benefits include:
- Peace of Mind – There is no crystal ball for homeowners telling them what will occur 1, 5, 10 years and more into the future, but their HDA protects the value of their home, and in turn the equity they’ve built up, ensuring what for many is their most important asset, as well as their future dreams. It’s your biggest purchase – you want to do it with peace of mind!
- Diversification – Traditionally, purchasing or owning a home tied you to the fortunes of the local market where the house was located. This restriction equated to placing all your eggs in a single market. History tells us what can happen in that scenario, especially given the fact that local home-prices are inherently more volatile (more than 60-percent) than a national market index made up of home prices from across the U.S. Our HDA is a game-changer, enabling you to diversify your largest asset among many markets throughout the U.S. No matter what occurs in your local market, you gain the stability and price appreciation potential of the collective national real estate market. And, you significantly reduce your risk of foreclosure and the risk to your home equity by more than 40-percent.
- Inexpensive Protection – An HDA costs just 1/10 of 1-percent of your home value annually – or less than $19 per month for a typical $225k home.
- Job Loss Protection – An important added-value benefit of our HDA is our job loss protection feature. Loss of equity and losing one’s employment are two of the main factors when it comes to foreclosure. To assist homeowners, we offer a benefit that pays your mortgage payment for you if you lose your job and receive unemployment insurance (provided that you have a positive account balance with us when your local market underperforms the national market), just when you need it most.
- Protects You Versus Mortgage – Unlike mortgage insurance, which protects the lender, our HDA stays with the home and protects the value of your home and the equity you’ve worked hard to build – it protects you.
- Opt-Out Feature – While the HDA is intended to protect your equity until you sell your home, you have the option of terminating early by paying off any balances due, or in the event you need balances owed, you can terminate the plan and receive half of your account balance.
- And, more…